I tested positive for the flu on fridat Dr gave

Patient : I tested positive for the flu on fridat. Dr gave me a note and the ok to retorn to my teaching job tuesday. Wont i still be contagious? Tomorrow my friend will be washing and cutting my hair and i dont want her catching it from me. Alsi, my son is home from college and he has epilepsy. I am trying my best to not let him catch it. Ive sprayed lysol everywhere. Im a wreck over this. Please help. Thank you.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. 1. Flu infects those around you for 5 days after you start getting symptoms. 2. People who are around you any time from a day before the start of symptoms to 5 days after the start of symptoms will have a risk of getting your flu. 3. It is better to wait 5 to 7 days from the beginning of symptoms so that those around you and at the place where you teach are safe. Hope your query is answered. Please do write back if you have any doubts. Regards,