I Think I am Pregnant

Patient

Q: I usually get my period on the 9th or 10th of the month. In January, it was normal. In February, I got my period on the 6th, which to me seemed strange but didn't really thing too much of it. Well here it is March 11th and I have no period. My fiance' and I had unprotected sex in January. Could I be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Hello, I realize that you are worried about possible pregnancy. According to your narration of the events, you say that you had unprotected sex on January and your last menses were on February 6th, if that was the only time that you had unprotected sex you are definitely not pregnant by that encounter.
However if you had unprotected sex again a week or two after your last menstrual period on February you might be pregnant, also remember that February had 28 days only so if you are guiding yourself only by the numbers of the calendar be sure to add 2 or 3 days your due date this month, you might not be pregnant and expecting your menses in the next days.
If menses don’t occur in the next few days, I would suggest you to take a home pregnancy test to rule out possible pregnancy, if the results were positive you might want to confirm it with a blood pregnancy test done by your health care provider, if negative you could take another test in a couple of days if menses are still not present. I wish you the best.