Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think I am pregnant but my tests keep coming negative

I think I am pregnant but my tests keep coming negative

Patient: I think I am pregnant but my tests keep coming back negative…I am 3 days late for my period…please help???

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually, menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.Sometimes urinary pregnancy test kit can give an accurate result after one week of expected date of periods.So, better to wait for few more days. If you do not get periods even one week after expected date, please repeat urine pregnancy test to find out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.