I think I dislocated my knee 5 days ago it

Q: I think I dislocated my knee 5 days ago it was very painful it felt like my bone popped out and then back in within seconds..since then I have been resting and keeping it up wrapped in a bandage......my foot was swollen it went down just yesterday its only a bit swollen now.... I am able to put my knee straight with minimum pain but I can not bend it to a certain extetent without feeling pain this pain hasn't yet ton away.....but I've ruled out broken because I can walk and put preassure without very much pain.... But bending hurts on a scale of 10 a 7

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

You seem to have developed from Knee ligament injury following the trauma. However, this can be unrelated also. We need to evaluate you for anterior or posterior cruciate ligament injury.
In such scenario, I would advise you to get MRI of Knee joint done. Also, you should get your Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.
For knee pain i would advise you to do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises which will strengthen your quadriceps muscles and will give support to your knee joint. Along with this you should do hot fomentation of the knee.Apply diclofenac ointment locally if you have severe pain.
If any ligament injury is found on clinical examination and MRI, you would require to get arthroscopic repair of the ligament done.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.