Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think I have night sweats In the middle of the night

I think I have night sweats In the middle of the night

Patient: I think I have night sweats. In the middle of every night and morning with the bed sheets soaked and don’t know why?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Night sweats could occur due to a lo t of different causes starting bacterial infections like Tuberculosis, of Infective Endocarditis, to hormonal problems, or due to low blood sugar.You have not given any other history suggestive of any particular etiology.It is better to meet your Physician and get a detailed evaluation done. You need to check your sugar levels, CBC ( Complete Blood Count ) and Thyroid Profile. If these results are normal, then there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes certain anti-depressants or even regular aspirin consumption can produce night sweats. So if you are on these medications, you either need to stop or moderate the dosage.Hope this was helpful.Regards.