I think i have the flu

Patient: My throats been hurting i have a runny nose my ears are stopped up and i wanna no whats wrong

Symptoms: Coughing and sneezing and runny nose

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryYou seem to have developed a sinusitis and rhinitis, which has caused a lower respiratory tract infection leading to cough. It could be viral, allergic or even bacterial in origin.Here are a few tips to help you1.Steam inhalations with a drop of eucalyptus oil twice or thrice a day relieves nose blocks2. Citrezene tablet at night will help3. Warm saline gargles 3 to 4 times a day after meals4. Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated5. Have a nutritious diet, avoid oil and spices6. Cough syrup with expectorants will give relief7. In case you develop severe cough and fever, see a doctor immediately, you may require antibiotics8. Avoid exposure to dust and allergens like pollen, fumes and cold weather9. Keep yourself warm and avoid physical exertion.Hope this helped.Regards