Thanks for the query
You seem to have developed a sinusitis and rhinitis, which has caused a lower respiratory tract infection leading to cough. It could be viral, allergic or even bacterial in origin.
Here are a few tips to help you
1.Steam inhalations with a drop of eucalyptus oil twice or thrice a day relieves nose blocks
2. Citrezene tablet at night will help
3. Warm saline gargles 3 to 4 times a day after meals
4. Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated
5. Have a nutritious diet, avoid oil and spices
6. Cough syrup with expectorants will give relief
7. In case you develop severe cough and fever, see a doctor immediately, you may require antibiotics
8. Avoid exposure to dust and allergens like pollen, fumes and cold weather
9. Keep yourself warm and avoid physical exertion.
Hope this helped.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.