I think I have worms,I see little white things in

Q: I think I have worms,I see little white things in my stool, in my mucus, and my skin is crawling, to mention a few. I want to get this taken care of as soon as possible,I do not have insurance. what kind of doctor or specialist should I see so I don't waste my money or is there anything I can do myself. thank you very much your advice will be very helpful

Symptoms:  Little white worm looking things in my stool and mucus, itchy skin and scalp, gunk under my nails that will not scrub off, numbness of finger tips, little nicks and scratches that I get at work don't heel.

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The presence of mucous in stools and possible pin worms in the anal region causing itching often perianally and also bloating sensation most of the time is common with helminthiasis. The most likely cause of mucus in stools is amoebiasis. This can be controlled by a course of antihelminthics and gut antibiotics. If otc medications are available in your country then you may take.

1. Tab albendazole 400mg stat and the repeat dosage after 36 hrs.
2. Tab ofloxacin 200mg twice a day for 7 days.
3. Tab ornidazole 500mg twice a day for 7 days.
4. Drink boiled or RO water only.

Else you may have to consult a physician for your prescription and also for a stool culture test.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: I think you misunderstood meabout the mucus, mucus is not in my stool, the worm looking things are in my mucus
Doctor: Hello,
If you mean that you see worms in your sputum ( mucus) and the stools then there is all possibility of pin worms and as they have infected sputum then they have to be present in lungs as well. A stool culture and sputum culture is thus must to identify and isolate the worms.And if confirmed then a course of anthelminthics is mandatory for cure. you should seek a hospital management in this case then,