Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think I may gave hurt my back badly I

I think I may gave hurt my back badly I

Patient: I think I may gave hurt my back badly. I don’t know how. I move my head and I feel a huge pain in the middle if the top of my back. Its not just my head though, any movement and it hurts in the same spot. Laying down gives some comfort but it still hurts. Should I take ibuprofens or wait a few days to see if it continues to take pain meds?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Taking pain meds can help reduce the swelling. If there is a swelling inside, you may n ot be able to see it easily. You can try Icing and massage as well to gradually loosen up the muscles involved. This should help you recover quickly. See a Doctor if you are not better in 5 days. All the best.Hope this helps you.