I think I may have ADD, but my parents wont help me!

Patient

Q: Hi i'm a 15 year old girl and I think i may have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) I show many of the signs for example zoning out randomly and not knowing it (This affects me in school), not listening to people without realizing, I find it hard to stay on track, when I read I will say the words in my head but I wont actually be reading it, i'm very unorganized I struggle to keep anything tidy and constantly get told off for it but I cant actually give a reason to why it gets messy. I was going to see a doctor but my parents are being very unsupportive, should I see a doctor on my own? Please help?

Symptoms:  Very distracted, dont listen without realising, unorganised, find it hard to be on time etc
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Your symptoms do suggest that you could be having an attention deficit disorder. It would have been best for your parents to visit a doctor and we need to see how you behaved in your childhood. But if they are not supporting then there is no issue and you can still see a doctor.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!