I think I might be pregnant, because Ive missed my

Q: I think I might be pregnant, because Ive missed my period completely this month. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests from the grocery store...i later found out that Id taken the first 2 too early for them to dectect anything...but the 3rd one I took at about a week after my missed period, and it was negative. Ive heard of cases where the hcg levels are too low in some people for the tests to detect at all in the first few months. Could that be the case for me? I really need to know, because I am prescribed to takd medicines that shouldnt be taken while pregnant. Any advice?

Symptoms:  Missed period, queezy feeling, appetite changes

A:   Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.

I can understand your concerns.
As you had negative pregnancy test after 7 days of your missed period date the chances of pregnancy ate very less.
But yes you are right with low hCG levels sometimes it shows negative test, so in these cases you should go for a beta hCG testing ( a blood test) to rule out pregnancy.
You are taking these medications for how long, they can also delay your menses.
Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.

Good luck.