Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think i might be pregnant but i just had

I think i might be pregnant but i just had

Patient: I think i might be pregnant but i just had sex and it to soon to tell but im tried and hungry i got to pee alot and it hurts and stings when i pee

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovula tion, there is possibility of pregnancy.Usually pregnancy symptoms may start after one to two weeks of conception.To detect the pregnancy you can go for urine pregnancy test after one week of missed period or three weeks after unprotected intercourse.Increased frequency of urination, pain during micturition etc symptoms can be seen due to urinary tract infection, which may be acquired through unprotected intercourse.If symptoms persist, please do consult your doctor once, get evaluated and take treatment accordingly.Take care.