Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think i might have a uti, but I’m not

I think i might have a uti, but I’m not

Patient: I think i might have a uti, but I’m not entirely sure. I’m experiencing pain sometimes, but it doesn’t occur during urination; it’s actually soothed at that time. My period is late and has seemed lighter than usual, with brown blood/discharge at some times. Can you diagnose this? Thank you.

Symptoms: Pain/discomfort, late period, discharge, irregular period, no pain during urination (but is actually soothed during)

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Such symptoms are mostly due to Urinary Tract Infection and Di abetes. You should get your blood sugar checked Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). The other common causes of UTI are Stones in renal tract and Sexually transmitted.You need to get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of stone.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report. If you have any ongoing fever, you doctor would take your urine for culture and sensitivity and will start you on antibiotics that would be modified based on the culture report. Drink plenty of water.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy