I think I might have torn my meniscus but I'm

Patient : I think I might have torn my meniscus but I'm not sure. I had a LR in April, and was cleared to swim and run in June. I did both within two weeks of being cleared. One morning I was swimming with an old coach and we were working on breaststroke and I felt a pop in my knee along with some pain. The day before that I started running again. Later that day my knee was sore and a little swollen, and I had a hard time walking, but I just associated it with the running that was done the day before. It was like that for about a week and then it started to get better. I tried to swim breaststroke about a week later, when my knee was feeling better but it didn't feel right so I didn't push it. This fall I started running again, for a couple weeks and it seemed to go fairly well, but my knee acted up again so I went to a chiropractor, based on a recommendation from a friend. I felt a lot better after going, but still had knee pain going down stairs and sitting for 30+ minutes (I'm a student so I sit through class everyday). I also coach swim team, and one night at practice I got in with my swimmers and was showing them backstroke starts. I pulled up to do a backstroke start and heard this awful cracking/popping noise coming from my knee, and it felt awful too. After that it hurt to even do a flutter kick. I was still going to the chiropractor and told him about it. He poked around at my knees and thinks that I have damaged my meniscus somehow. When I had surgery, the Dr. told me that everything was fine structurally. I was wondering if either of these two events, or something else, could have damaged my meniscus? I am still able to walk pain free, I just can't fully extend my leg when I walk. My knee still also bothers me when I sit for 30 or more minutes or go down stairs, especially steep ones, although it is not swollen. This is the same knee that I had the LR on. The pain is different from before surgery. Before surgery my whole knee was just kinda achy, but not it's a sharper pain on the bottom medial side of my knee (where the medical meniscus is located). Thanks!
Symptoms:  Knee pain, pain when sitting, pain going do stairs