September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think I pulled my butthole muscle

I think I pulled my butthole muscle

Patient: Hey Doctor I have a question for youI am a 17 year old male and lately my butthole has been hurting real bad not like a burn or itch or sting. Its almost like I pulled a muscle type of pain its really bad. I don’t know if it will self heal or if I should actually tell someone and go in

Symptoms: When I cough or sneeze or laugh it hurts really bad. It is tender to the touch but when thats not when it hurts

Doctor: Hi.Thank you for writing to ATD.It seems that you have hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids happen when the venous connection in the anal canal get filled with blood and began to expand.Hemorrhoids enlarge and can hurt when they are external. Hemorrhoids also can also get infected. Since they are filled with blood, increase in the abdominal pressure causes them to increase in size and leading to pain.You need to talk to a Gastroenterologist to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment in your case will most likely be surgery.I hope this helps you. All the best.