I think I'm allergic to nicotine. Could you tell me if i am?

Patient : I think I'm allergic to nicotine. Could you tell me if I am?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask the Doctor" for posting your query. Many people are allergic to nicotine. The sympto ms of allergy can be varied, ranging from headache or stomach pain to difficulty in breathing or hives. Nicotine patch test is recommended by few doctors to diagnose nicotine allergy. You may seek professional help for the same. However, I would recommend you to avoid nicotine in any form. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!