Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I think I’m pregnant but got a negative test I

I think I’m pregnant but got a negative test I

Patient: I think I’m pregnant but got a negative test. I started my period on Sunday the third it was very light. I have not had one sense then. I’ve been cramping and bloated feeling a little bit nauseas .

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have had bleeding around a week earlier or later than your periods, or even on time, and is lasting for 2 days, even with a lighter flow, we can consider it as a cycle and not a pregnancy. The symptoms could be due to premenstrual syndrome which can cause bloating, lower abdominal cramps, nausea,etc which can resemble an early pregnancy .Repeat a pregnancy test after one week to be sure of no pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards