I think my lungs are quitting on me

Q: I am 15 years old and I have had a difficulty breathing since I was about 10. I would get really winded in PE or chasing my friends, the normal stuff I guess, but in the past 8 months I have been extremely winded walking up my stairs or walking around my school and even walking to my own bathroom!(which I might add is literally 10' from my bedroom... ) I usually have to take large breaths very often because I feel I am not getting enough air and I even feel severe chest pains. Both of my parents have heart disease running on both sides of their family and their parents before them..so I've got some pretty good chances haha.. I'm not sure if this is important but I get really bad upper back pains as well..my parents can't seem to find the time to talk to my doctor so I am very sorry I had to make this so long.. I feel progressively worse each day and it's starting to scare me.. If you can think of anything that might be wrong with me I would be extremely grateful. Thank you very much

Symptoms:  Coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, lightheaded ness, and upper back pain

A:   Thanks for consulting us. Shortness of breath has many reasons to enlist and it is exhaustive. Some of the key points to note are, Bronchial asthma has episodic breathlessness along with wheezing and you can find some kind of allergic trigger for this; gross Anaemia can cause fatigue, exhaution and breathlessness; heart disease has breathlessness that may be associated with palpitation, giddiness, chest discomfort and it increase by exertion and relieved by rest. Best this is to consult GP as early as possible. Basic evaluation can give us lead to find out exact cause of the symptoms. Have a nice day.