I think that I have depression

Q: I have looked up the symptoms of psychological depression. I have realised that I have/feel most of the symptoms. I am 16 currently taking my exams, so I may just be over reacting to this. But it's affected my family life and had made life at home unbearable! I don't wish to tell my parents unless I am certain. Slots happened in the past few years whether that would have an impact or not? I don't know what to do? Do I need to contact my local doctors?

Symptoms:  Lack of interest, lack of motivation, loss of appetite, suicidal thought, self harm, lack of patience, affect in family life, irritable and intorelent of other people, feeling helpless and tearful!