I thought that I just had a common cold, but

Patient : I thought that I just had a common cold, but the sinus congestion went away, and my voice still sounds different, and I have a dry cough, what is wrong with me? My throat is kinda sore when I talk too
Doctor :   HI. Read and understood your problems. Your problem started as common cold and sinus congestion which went ways and remained behind was sore throat, dry cough and changed voice. This indicates that you have sequel of Upper respiratory tract infection. I would advise you the following: Voice rest is a must for the changed voice. Steam inhalations after decongestant nasal drops. Anti-inflammatory. Oral steroids if required after an ENT endoscopy to see the condition of the nose and the vocal cords in particular. Antibiotics if required. All these measures are most important and may take 1 to 3 weeks of treatment and rest. I hope this answers your query.