Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took 11 ibuprofen at once, what’s going to happen?

I took 11 ibuprofen at once, what’s going to happen?

Patient: I took 11 ibuprofen at once, what’s going to happen?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.If you have consumed so m any pills of Ibuprofen, then you should go to ER right now and report them. High doses of NSAIDs like Ibuprofen can cause severe gastritis and even bleeding from stomach by disrupting the mucous membrane of stomach. Events such high doses can affect your liver and can cause Jaundice and even liver failure. You should approach your doctor now.They will give you lot of Proton Pump Inhibitors and will monitor your liver and kidney functions. If they see any hepatitis, they will treat you. In case you have taken the medicine in a recent hour, they will lavage your stomach and try to clean it so that minimum drug gets absorbed.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy