Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took 2 nyquil tablets as recommended on the box

I took 2 nyquil tablets as recommended on the box

Patient: I took 2 nyquil tablets as recommended on the box and as I was about to fall asleep I felt this sudden sensation as if I was losing total control over my body. I wanna know what that feeling was and if I should be worried or not?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to usNyquil contains -AcetaminophenDextromethorphanDoxylamineDoxylamine and Dextrom ethorphan can cause drowsiness. IT is possible that you have a symptom of this. Also, you have had an allergic reaction to Acetaminophen. Please talk to a Doctor to confirm this. He will do a skin prick test to confirm that you are indeed allergic.Hope this helps you.