September 25, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took 2 pregnancy tests that both came out positive and also 16 days late.

I took 2 pregnancy tests that both came out positive and also 16 days late.

Patient: I took 2 pregnancy tests that both came out positive & also 16 days late on my period. But I started Jan. 4, 2015. I’m also on my period right now. Started Feb 7th, 2015. I know you can have a period while pregnant. Can you tell me what I need to do?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your history the possibilities are urine pregnanc y test giving false positive results or having bleeding on expected date of periods even being pregnant.To come to one conclusion, please go for ultrasound once, which can help in finding out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.