Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took 24 hour extended release non drowsy sudafed at

I took 24 hour extended release non drowsy sudafed at

Patient: I took 24 hour extended release non drowsy sudafed at 330pm yesterday and have yet to sleep or feel tired. today at 9pm so about 30 hours after taking sudafed I took 0.5mg lorazapam prescribed for anxiety induced insomnia. am I at risk for serious interaction I am still not tired.

Symptoms: Cannot sleep and its causing anxiety

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Since 24 hours have elapsed, and the n you took Lorazepam, there is no risk of any interaction.However, you can sleep longer than usual in the following couple of days because the extended-release tablets are very slowly metabolized.Hope this was helpful,Regards