I took 6 unisom pills by accident I have taken

Patient: I took 6 unisom pills by accident. I have taken 3 before i forgot and took another 3.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Why were you advised to take 3 at the first place? What was the indication?You may be suffering severe dryness of throat, and could also end up developing severe indigestion.. Along with gastritis. The other symptoms being drowsiness.Please eat a heavy meal, which can slow the absorption of drug, and also excrete it faster..Have you developed any of the symptoms mentioned above?

Patient: I’ve been taking benadryl since I was very young so I have noticed it doesn’t work when I only take one because they have the same active ingredient. I do have a dry mouth now.

Doctor: No but you should not overdose for anything..
Anyway dryness of mouth will happen, but let me know if you develop any other symptoms.