I took a blood pregnancy test yesterday at the hospital

Patient : I took a blood pregnancy test yesterday at the hospital and it showed less than one what does thT mean it says that my hcg range is between five to fifty and that the normal range is zero to five
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Usually in quantitative blood tests for pregnancy, beta hCG levels between 0 to 5 mIU/ml indicates negative for pregnancy, 5 to 25 mIU/ml indicates inconclusive and more than 25 mIU/ml indicates positive for pregnancy. So, better to repeat the test after one week or go for an ultrasound after 6 completed weeks of gestational age to confirm the pregnancy. Take care.