Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took a pregnancy test last week, and it said

I took a pregnancy test last week, and it said

Patient: I took a pregnancy test last week, and it said I wasn’t pregnant. This morning I felt nausea and haven’t really gotten out of bed accept to use the bathroom but I been having alot of migranes and been sleeping alot .but I have an doctors appointment Friday

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Nausea, sleepiness, headache etc symptoms can be seen in ea rly pregnancy due to hormonal effect.Taking small feeds infrequent intervals, avoiding excess oil andantiemetics like doxinate can help in decreasing nausea.By taking adequate rest, healthy diet 3 to 4 litres of water per day, avoiding stress, caffeine etc headache can be decreased to some extent.If needed you can take the support of simple analgesics like paracetamol with your doctor’s advice.Take care.