I took a short nature walk no longer than 500

Patient: I took a short nature walk no longer than 500 feet and when i walked up a flight of stairs i started having a hard time breathing and my pulse starting beating really fast. I was taking big deep breaths one after another and couldn’t get a good breath for a couple of mins until i sat down for afew mins. It was about 93 degrees outside. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was a year ago when i was pushing a riding mower that had died to the garage. It was 90 plus degrees this time also. The first time was way worse. It lasted about 5 mins and i almost passed out but finally i started to calm down a was able to get some breaths in and i was fine. I dont drink or smoke. Do you think this could be asthma, heat stroke or something else?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here for your help.You seem to be having breathlessness on exertion. Most c ommonly this occurs as a result of cardiac issues.However, we also need to keep Respiratory issues in consideration.Breathlessness in night which awakens you from sleep is usually a sign of Heart Failure and is called as Paroxysmal Nocturnal Dyspnea (PND). If you have that, it requires evaluation.I would advise in such scenario:1. Hemogram with ESR2. ECG3. Chest Xray4. Pulmonary Function Test5. ECHOIf cardiac issues are found you would be treated accordingly, else you will be treated for asthma.Your doctor would evaluate you clinically. If you don’t have severe chest congestion, he would treat you with anti-allergic drugs like Levocetrizine and Montelukast. He may add deriphylline or doxophylline for the chest spasms.If your chest congestion is very severe and there are wheezes and rhonchi’s, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required.You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy