Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took a test around 3 months ago

I took a test around 3 months ago

Patient: I took a test around 3 months ago and it came up positive,but I have taken 2 more since then. Both of them were negative. My concerns are that for the past 2 weeks I’ve been having pains in my pelvic area, nausea, a lot of mucusy discharge, and I’ve missed my period last month. Everyone keeps telling me to go to the heath department, but I have no insurance. So I wanted to wait and see if it’s serious.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Your symptoms are very close to that of an early pregnancy. Sometimes, the pregnancy te sts may not give accurate results. It is advisable to get a beta hCG blood test and an ultrasound to rule out pregnancy as you have missed a period with symptoms of pregnancy being evident now.Hope this helped.Regards