I took an active pill instead of an inactive pill

Q: I am four days into my inactive pills and accidentally took an active pill. What pill should I take tomorrow and will there be any side affects such as risk of getting pregnant if I continue with the active pills, and will that stop my period ?

A:   Birth control pills or oral contraceptive pills are followed up cyclically with 21cdays of active pills for contraception and 7 days of inactive pills for menstruation. Nothing to worry if you had one accidental intake of wrong pill, just take inactive pill the next day. Do not continue on active pill, as you might not have a period or may even have a heavy break through bleeding. Risk of pregnancy is negligible and same as regular intake of pills. Nothing to worry, but consult a gynecologist, if you have heavy bleeding.