I took methenamine hipp 1gm at 7:30pm for a uti

Patient

Q: I took methenamine hipp 1gm at 7:30pm for a uti. I dont think its working. when could i take a dose of macrobid?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Better to take any medicine after consulting your doctor and with proper diagnosis.
Usually in case of urinary tract infections, urine for microscopy and culture and sensitivity are advised to find out the causative organism and its sensitivity to drugs.
Then medicines should be used accordingly.
If you are using Macrobid antibiotics with your doctor's advice, you can take it after around 6 to 8 hours after taking methenamine as there are no known drug interactions between these two.

Take care