I took my birth control on Friday, on schedule, had unprotected sex.

Patient

Q: I took my birth control on Friday, on schedule, had unprotected sex. Early Saturday morning I had unprotected sex again, and missed taking the pill that was scheduled for that day. I resumed on Sunday. I am now spotting bleeding. Is that normal? What are the chances of pregnancy?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

As you took the missed pill within 24 hours, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
The spotting you are having could be due to breakthrough bleeding due to missing the pill. Usually, this can subside soon without need of any additional medication.
But, if you are having any previous history of missing pills, it is better to go for urine pregnancy test once after 3 weeks of the episode of intercourse to find out the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Take care.