Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took my first pill of my birth control 6

I took my first pill of my birth control 6

Patient: I took my first pill of my birth control 6 hours late (on Sunday at 3 pm instead of Sunday at 9 am) but had unprotected sex Saturday afternoon (last day of my period) and Sunday morning. Do I need to take plan B?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query at ATD.l have gone through your history and understand your concerns.The chances of pregnancy are there when you skip your birth control pills for more than one day.As in your case you had pills within 6 hrs. and that was your last day of period the chances of pregnancy are very low.So you should not go for plan-b pills because hormonal disturbances are also there.Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.Good luck.Regards