I took one sulfameth tmp 800 160 pill for a

Patient

Q: I took one sulfameth tmp 800 160 pill for a uti. What is the least amount of time it takes to leave my system?

Symptoms:  Just a uti.
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

This drug will take at least 3-4 days to get out of your body completely.
Any Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) needs evaluation of the cause, so that you don't get the repeat episodes. The most common causes of UTI are Diabetes, Stones in renal tract and Sexually transmitted. You need to get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Urine culture. No antibiotics should be started before giving a sample of urine culture, otherwise the report can be affected. If any stone is found you would be treated based on size, site of stone. If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report. If you have any ongoing fever, you doctor would take your urine for culture and sensitivity and will start you on antibiotics that would be modified based on the culture report. You should drink plenty of water.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

Stay Healthy.