Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took out my nuvaring a month ago and had

I took out my nuvaring a month ago and had

Patient: I took out my nuvaring a month ago and had unprotected sex twice and am 6 days late on my period. Am I pregnant or is my period just late?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since it has been a month since the contraceptive device was removed and you have also had unprotected intercourse many times, there is a good possibility of getting pregnant.Moreover, there is a delay in your expected cycles as well. Kindly consult a gynecologist personally and get an examination done. A beta hCG blood test will be needed to accurately rule out pregnancy.In case the test is negative for pregnancy, you may wait for your cycles for 2 weeks.Hope this helped.Regards