Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took plan b a week ago now my period has come 11 days early

I took plan b a week ago now my period has come 11 days early

Patient: I took plan b a week ago now my period has came on 11 days early (I think it’s my period I’m bleeding) normally my period is extremely painful (cramps) but I don’t feel anything is this normal?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is a known fact that plan B can alter the period cycle and cause early or delayed p eriods and also alter the cycle flow. It can also produce painless periods in a few woman as an additional benefit of its effects. There is nothing to worry in your case as it is normal. However, avoid using plan B on a regular basis as it has its own side effects.Hope this helped.Regards