I took plan b and on day six after I woke up with bleeding.

Patient: I took plan b and on day six after I took it I woke up with bleeding and I put a pad on and went to sleep. I woke back up and I was heavy and red. Is this normal or could it be implantation bleeding?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have taken plan -b for emergency protection then it is natural to attain a withd rawal bleed within 7-10 days of intake. So what you experienced is a withdrawal bleed and not an implantation bleed. This should last for 3-4 days and shall reduce in due course. Important to note is that this date of withdrawal bleed , now becomes your fresh LMP , and your next menses should be calculated from this date onwards.If you are doubt full, then the best way to rule out pregnancy would be to do a serum beta hcg test which is sensitive after 7 days of intercourse.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards