Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took the abortion pill October 6th and I began

I took the abortion pill October 6th and I began

Patient: I took the abortion pill October 6th and I began to bleed for about 2 weeks. I began to take my birth control the last week of October. I started the 25 of this month and 4 days after that on Thursday I had sex with my partner. He ejaculated in me and the next day I took my birth control and hour late. Should I be worried that I am pregnant ?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query at ATD about your health care.I have gone through your history and understand your concer ns.The chances of pregnancy are very low in your case as you bleed till 20th October and start oral contraceptive pill on 25th October.As you are taking pill on time so the chances of pregnancy are quite low.Usually we wait for 7 days after starting pill to avoid pregnancy.So in your case the chances are low.Hope it is found useful, feel free to discuss more information.Good luck.Regards