I took the Mirena out in October 2013

Patient : I took the Mirena out in October 2013, and i still haven't gotten pregnant what is the problem and I do already have one child I kept the Mirena in for 3 yrs?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. If a woman who is fertile once, not able to conceive again for one year with regular unprotected intercourse history, that is called secondary infertility. The possible causes of your secondary infertility are gonadal hormonal imbalance which can cause irregular menstrual cycles, anovulation etc, fallopian tubal block, uterine causes like endometrial abnormalities, fibroids, adhesions etc, thyroid hormonal or prolactin level abnormalities giving rise to irregular periods etc. As you are not able to conceive since one and half years, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated. By physical examination and investigations like ultrasound, hysterosalpingography, gonadal and thyroid hormonal profile etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. Take care.