I took the morning after pill just under 72 hours

Patient

Q: I took the morning after pill just under 72 hours 6 days later I started bleeding it gushed out as I stood up and I felt dizzy with a cold sweat and was shaky after the initial gush it was very light after a couple of days the bleeding had completely stopped I started to feel sick and was sick every day until about 5 days ago I haven't eaten much since and have lost weight could I be pregnant or is this just the pill playing havoc with my body?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Emergency contraceptive pill can cause withdrawal bleeding.
Excessive blood loss can lead to weakness, dizziness etc.
Improving the dietary intake, taking iron and vitamin supplements can help in relieving the symptoms.
As you have taken emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse and had withdrawal bleeding after taking the pill, the possibility of pregnancy is less.

Take care. Hope this helps.