Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took the plan b last month on March 5

I took the plan b last month on March 5

Patient: I took the plan b last month on March 5 got my period March 10, I’m really concern about pregnancy because it’s been more than 5-6 weeks that I haven’t gotten my period. I have been having sex. I don’t know if I should take a pregnancy test or maybe just wait. Is plan B really messing everything up ?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.This delay does not seem rel ated to plan b, as you already got your period after you took the plan b.I will advise you to take the pregnancy test, as the sudden delayed period for someone who has regular cycles with active sexual life, indicates towards pregnancy.Hope this was helpful,Regards.