I took the plan b pill 3 months ago Now

Patient

Q: I took the plan b pill 3 months ago. Now I have a constant worried feeling and it won't stop. Could this be because my hormones are out of whack from using it? It makes me emotional because I feel not my self and nothing can make me happy and not nervous. I'm nervous for no apparent reason..

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Emergency pill can alter the hormonal balance and may lead to mood swings sometimes.
But this effect may not last for three months usually.
You didn't mention your age, usually these type of symptoms are frequently seen in perimenopausal period.
Better to rule out other possible causes of mood swings like
premenstrual syndrome or perimenopausal hormonal imbalance etc.
By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.

Take care.

Patient: Thank you for your answer. I'm 19. It might be just anxiety from the situation.. It makes me just feel forgetful and I can't focus right and then that makes me more worried and I just don't know how to make it go away.