Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I took the plan B pill last month and got

I took the plan B pill last month and got

Patient: I took the plan B pill last month and got my period 2 or 3 days after, does that mess up my cycle for this month because now I’m really worried that I haven’t gotten my period.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, Plan B does mess up the cycles and can delay the period by a week or 10 days.So, please do not worry.If there is any question of pregnancy it is better to rule it out.Even stress or other hormonal imbalance can cause a delay in periods.Hope this was helpful,Regards