I took two excedrin migraine pills about 5 hours ago

Patient: I took two excedrin migraine pills about 5 hours ago. Since then I have been experiencing stomach pain, nausea, light headedness, and it feels like I am having a panic attack (I have had 3 major panic attacks in the past) what can I do to help this awful feeling? I’m afraid to go to sleep for fear I will pass out.

Symptoms: Nausea, stomach pain, light headed, out of body/mind feeling

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.One of the commonest side effects of e xcedrin has always been the anxiety state and the state of confusion post consumption of the drug. With a history of panic attacks in the past, excedrin in your case is triggering these symptoms.There is no such drug that can counter the short-term anxiety associated with this pill, resting is the best option in this case, as once you wake up, you feel a lot better. I will advise you Tab. Rabeprazole 40 mg one dose before food, to reduce the stomach pain. As you experienced, be very careful with excedrin in the future as it can trigger stomach bleeding, inability to urinate, e.t.cThe symptoms will subside in a few hours.Feel free to discuss further,Regards.