Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I transferred from depo prevera to birth control pills

I transferred from depo prevera to birth control pills

Patient: I transferred from depo prevera to birth control pills and I took them for a week and quit and I had sex and now I feel weird I have stomach pain all day, spotting and cramping for about five days but no period. Everytime I stand up I get light headed and I’ve been laying around for two days. Am I pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since you have discontinued the pills and had an intercourse following the same, ther e is a possibility that you could be pregnant. Also, remember if it has been 14 days already after sex and you are experiencing these symptoms, it may mean that it is time to rule out pregnancy. Kindly do a beta hCG blood test to rule out pregnancy and see a gynecologist personally.Hope this helped.Regards