Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I tried a warming lube tonight for the first time

I tried a warming lube tonight for the first time

Patient: I tried a warming lube tonight for the first time. At first I didn’t feel anything until I went to wash it off. I tried to pee and it was burning bad. My vagina started to burn all well and hasn’t stopped. It is not red and I think starting go swell. What do I do

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of using warming lube for the first time and then started to burn all over when you sent to wash if off and urinate. No redness but looks as if swelling is started.This looks to be a local reaction to the lube. you would have had a test patch first.Anyways, first of all wash it with plenty of soap and water. Somehow I have a feeling that you should get this examined by a Gynecologist as She is the only one who must have seen and treated such problems.This is as a precaution to keep the area as healthy as possible. If you have an antihistamine and steroid tablet at home take one and consult a Doctor in ER / Gynecologist for proper investigations and treatment and further care.I hope this answer helps you.