I tried to skip my period with birth control but i got it anyways.

Patient

Q: I tried to skip my period with birth control but i got it anyways, and now it won't stop. should i stop taking the pills and see if it stops, because the pain is unbearable and the blood loss is making me woosy...?

Doctor

Yes, you must stop the pills if your periods have already started as continuing on active pills shall continue the bleed and make it irregular. However you can control the bleed with antifibrinolytics like tranexamic acid to reduce the bleeding and can start the fresh pack after the menses stop and follow an additional contraceptive method of barrier contraception for next 2 weeks before eh pill establishes its hormone levels back again.
I hope I have answered your query,
Regards,