Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I used a 16 fr foley catheter and I think I started to inflate ballon before in bladder what shold I do”

I used a 16 fr foley catheter and I think I started to inflate ballon before in bladder what shold I do”

Patient: I used a 16 fr foley catheter and I think I started to inflate ballon before in bladder what shold I do”

Doctor: Thank you for your question. You can deflate the balloon and remove the catheter completely. Once this is done, can rein sert it again and inflate the balloon once it is within the bladder. If you are uncomfortable doing this, please see your doctor, or nurse who will assist you further.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com