I used marijuana almost daily from age 13 -

Q: I used marijuana almost daily from age 13 - 17 I'm still currently 17 I quit because I really felt the effects coming into play e.g depression, no sense of self, brain fog, the reward centre in my brain isn't working, short term memory loss as well as long term, revert day feels like the same day, I'm more dim witted and less intelligent like my iQ has dropped,so I was just wondering if these effects will ever reverse ? Is a 17 year olds brain still developing? How can I encourage a healthy brain and mind and even improve my intelligence again ? Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to read this

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Usually, the 17-year-old brain is almost at the end of the growth period. You should stop taking marijuana right away and start eating a lot of vitamins to help with repair of the brain.

Also, start doing some IQ tests to help improve the brain function. See a Doctor if you are still having the symptoms. There may be some other cause of the problem. Hope this helps you.