Ask The Doctor > Pending > I usually have a quite heavy and dark coloured menstrual

I usually have a quite heavy and dark coloured menstrual

Patient: I usually have a quite heavy and dark coloured menstrual cycle and I never experience spotting, however all of a sudden, I experienced light blood which I thought was my period 5 days ago, however didn’t bleed again at all for the next 2 days, then it happened again exactly the same thing. Today I actually got my period however it’s really watery and very very bright red in colour. And it’s extremely light too compared to my regular cycle. I took a hhome pegnancy test and it came back negative. Could the test be wrong? What could be wrong with me? Something doesn’t feel right.

Doctor: