Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I ve polestatic ovaries and irregular periods n m trying

I ve polestatic ovaries and irregular periods n m trying

Patient: I ve polestatic ovaries and irregular periods n m trying to concieve from past 2 years and am 22yrs .Kindly suggest me how to get pregnant soon

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD.The most common problem with patients of PCOS is anovulation, i. e there occurs no ovulation at all and when ovulation doesn’t occur, there is no conception after fertilization. PCOS is characterized by delayed infrequent menses, excessive bodily hair growth and multiple cysts in both ovaries. This is accompanied by increased body weight and increased insulin resistance which further causes anovulation.Ideally before trying to conceive you should have considered getting your hormonal levels in control and your menses regularized with reduction in weight.But if you are keen then you can be offered ovulation induction with ovulation inducing drugs under controlled stimulation and supervision of a physician and at mid-cycle ovulation can b triggered with an HCG injection , following which either an IUI ( intrauterine insemination technique) can be opted for or on the other hand timed intercourse for natural conception. But the only thing is you have to religiously undergo follicular monitoring on day 1, 7, 9, 11 and 14 to regularly assess the size of the follicle.You may visit your physician and discuss the options in detail before taking a decision.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health.Regards